Your chance to see your photo, and your hound, in print and help Forever Hounds Trust to raise funds and awareness – yes, it’s our annual calendar competition! We are looking for pawfect images to best represent various categories and make our 2019 calendar a best seller. Will you be our Star Photographer?!
Please read the full details of how to enter and the terms & conditions below BEFORE entering – Thank you!
The competition opens at 6pm on Friday 4th May 2018 and closes at 6pm on Thursday 17th May 2018.
HOW TO ENTER:
– Collect your best photos and submit on the relevant month (see below) on our Facebook page, which will go live on Friday 14th April 2017. Please advise anybody who is not a Facebook user that they can enter by emailing their photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the month/ category they are applying under, their name and the dog(s) name(s).
– Pictures must be in LANDSCAPE format and NOT portrait format.
– You personally must have taken the picture and have the original in your possession to send us upon request should you be shortlisted; it must be in digital format, at least 1MB in size, 300 dpi.
– If you are posting the image on Facebook on behalf of someone else, please state the name of the person you are submitting the photo for in the comments.
– The picture content must be relevant to the theme. EACH PHOTOGRAPH MUST INCLUDE AT LEAST ONE SIGHTHOUND, so that the calendar reflects Forever Hounds Trust’s origins and work.
– Please comment against each photo the name(s) of the hounds(s) pictured from left to right.
– State which category best suits your image in a comment with your photo when you upload it.
JANUARY – Hounds in the snow
FEBRUARY – Valentine Hound
MARCH – Enjoying the view
APRIL – Spring flowers
MAY – Enjoying the great outdoors
JUNE – Pin Up Girl
JULY – Top Dog
AUGUST – Splashing around
SEPTEMBER – Changing seasons
OCTOBER – I love my bed
NOVEMBER – Always remembered
DECEMBER – Festive fun
Get snapping and good luck!
2019 Calendar Photo Competition – Terms & Conditions
The competition opens at 6pm on Friday 4th May 2018 and closes at 6pm on Thursday 17th May 2018. The winners will be notified on Sunday 2nd September 2018, or before, via email. This will be followed by an announcement on our social media pages. This competition is open to all Forever Hounds Trust supporters. No trade, consumer groups or 3rd party applications will be accepted.
By entering the competition you confirm that the photograph is your own, original image to submit.
Forever Hounds Trust is dedicated to spreading the word that greyhounds and lurchers make great pets. To help Forever Hounds Trust to do this, any photo entered might be used by the Charity, in the calendar or other online and offline marketing materials. By submitting a photo you agree that Forever Hounds Trust can use it in any of these materials, to help promote and raise awareness of the Charity’s vision – a day when every greyhound and lurcher is free from risk or need.
If your photo is shortlisted to progress through to the final judging stage, we will request you submit a high resolution version of the image, for our further consideration.
– If you entered via Facebook, please check your Facebook Private Messages (including the ‘Other’ box). This includes if you have submitted an entry on behalf of someone else.
– If you entered via email, the shortlist notification will be sent to the same email address you entered under.
The High Resolution image is then to be emailed over to email@example.com Please include your contact telephone number, plus restate your category month and hound(s)’ names in each photograph.
If you fail to provide the high-res photo in time for the judges’ final deliberation and we cannot consider your photo as a result, Forever Hounds Trust is not at fault. To avoid this situation, please check your private Facebook messages and/or email spam folder (as appropriate to your method of entry).
If you have more than one entry selected to shortlist stage, please ensure the total attachment size in the email does NOT exceed 10MB, so send in separate emails if limit would otherwise be exceeded.
The judges’ decision is final. Forever Hounds Trust is not liable for any errors in printing or design of the calendar. Neither Forever Hounds Trust nor its employees/volunteers are liable for any damages to any dogs or individuals while taking photos, or for any damages arising from the illegal or false representation of the ownership of submitted photos.
Any images submitted might be altered or re-mastered as required for the final produced product, including cropping at our discretion.
The competition is open to any dog owner, except where prohibited by law. Individuals may enter more than once.
Previous year’s winners are welcome to enter again this year.
Once a winner for each month has been selected, the front cover image for the calendar will be chosen by the judges from the remaining shortlisted images.
Please note that in entering this competition, *both yours and the dog’s name will be printed as part of the promotion, and you agree to all terms and conditions listed above.
*N.B. we will print both names unless category winners advise us not to.
Forever Hounds Trust will use your contact details to produce the calendar and other marketing materials, and to keep you informed about our work. We will keep your details securely and not pass them to any third party. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at Forever Hounds Trust, PO Box 1601 Oxford OX4 9JZ, UK, telephone 03000 111 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our privacy statement is available at www.foreverhoundstrust.org