Fundraise for us
Taking part in an event or organising your own for Forever Hounds Trust is a really great way to support our work- and perhaps try something new!
The money you raise helps us rescue and care for greyhounds and lurchers across the country – we simply couldn’t do what we do without your generosity.
For example, just £30 can buy soft warm bedding for a dog in kennels, £150 can pay for the neutering of a dog or £300 can keep five dogs safe, warm and well-fed in kennels for five days.
Whether you like a challenge, are sporty (or would like to be!) or perhaps just want to do something a bit crazy for the hounds, there is a sponsored event for everyone and we will of course support you along the way!
Fancy organising a quiz night, bake sale or zumbathon to raise pounds for the hounds? Take a look at our Fundraising Pack for lots of tips and guidance and get in touch to let us know about your ideas or to discuss doing one! We will give you full support to make your fundraising a success!
– Running – Marathons, Half Marathons, 10k or Fun Run – perhaps you have a local event that you would like to register for and run it for us!
– Treks – Gareth, pictured above, conquered Mount Kiliminjaro for Forever Hounds Trust, and is undertaking more challenges this year!
– Cycling – Toby, pictured left, cycled all the way from Lands End to John O’Groats for Forever Hounds Trust in August 2014 and has more recently cycled to Spain! Go, Toby!
- Bungee jump
Something a bit different…
- Sitting in a bath of baked beans
- Head shave
- Sponsored silence
- Leg or chest wax
Support we can offer
All of us at Forever Hounds Trust – both human and hound! – are very grateful to everybody who decides to take on a sponsored challenge for us and we would like to support you along the way. We can offer:
- Forever Hounds Trust Sponsored Events Fundraising Pack – with lots of helpful information and fundraising tips, including advice on setting up your own Just Giving page to collect sponsorship
- Personalised running vest (if appropriate)
- Fantastic PR team who can contact local media about your challenge
- Dedicated closed Facebook group – a friendly community providing both fundraising and training advice
How to get in touch
If you would like to take part in a sponsored event for Forever Hounds Trust or have any questions we would love to hear from you! Get in touch by sending an email or call Project Manager: Community Fundraising Development, Anna Claxton, on: 07849 833 102 to let us know what event you are doing so we can then make sure that you receive all the support you need!
By taking part in a challenge for Forever Hounds Trust and raising sponsorship you are helping us make a real difference to the lives of many hundreds of greyhounds and lurchers.
So, on behalf of them and us – THANK YOU!