Since the lifting of the coronavirus restrictions in England, Forever Hounds Trust has set out the following plan for rehoming dogs, in order to minimise the risk of further spreading the virus.
• All dog meets will take place in outdoor settings
• If for any reason this is not possible, and the dog introductions have to take place in an indoor environment, then our staff and volunteers will be wearing face masks. If it is possible for you to wear a face mask in these situations, this would be greatly appreciated.
• Where and when possible, we will continue to observe 2 metre social distancing.
• We will continue to conduct home offer interviews by telephone and ask for photographs of your home environment.
• In some cases, we may need to arrange for a home visit:
a) If you have a resident dog or other pets, and we need to assess our dog in your home environment.
b) To assess if the location and home environment is going to meet the specific needs of your chosen hound and so we can help with any ‘settling in’ issues.
Your application will be kept for a period of 12 weeks following your telephone interview.
If you do wish to remain on our books after this 12 week period please do let us know by emailing email@example.com
A note about Reserved Dogs:
Dogs on our website that are highlighted as being ‘Reserved’ have already been successfully matched to and met their new family, and are in the final stages of the homing process.
Thank you for supporting Forever Hounds Trust and the hounds in our care.