We home dogs to families, consider people without gardens and people in smaller properties too – we assess each home offer case by case and always endeavour to find the right dog for you and your circumstances. Every Forever Hounds Trust dog is thoroughly assessed to see whether it can happily live with sensible children, and we are also on hand to provide all the advice and support everyone in the family needs here – for example, about ensuring the dog gets their own space.
We work with you to find your perfect hound ‘match’ and our brilliant behaviour team are able to provide behaviour and training help (should you need it) for the whole of your hound’s life! We are one of very few rescues to be able to offer this level of support.
How Does It Work?
We follow the steps below to help you find your perfect pet:
- Register your interest in adopting a hound from us.
- Your form will be sent to your regional team.
- One of the team will be in touch to talk to you about the kind of dog that would suit your family and lifestyle.
- We may visit your home if you haven’t adopted from us before.
- We match you with a lovely hound.
- Adoption day!
- After 24 hours, we give you a call to check you are all happy and settled. We will also check-in with you after seven days and again at 4 months.
- You and your hound are part of the Forever Hounds Trust family, so you can come to us anytime during the life of your hound for advice on training, behaviour and socialisation.