Adopting an ex racing greyhound is a very rewarding experience, but do you know what to expect when you welcome them into your home?
Take a look of our informative factsheet written by our senior behaviourist covering such topics as:
- Background as to their potential life experience so far.
- How to help them adapt to living in a home environment.
- How to help them adjust to having time alone.
- How they may react to other dog breeds, and how to manage this.
- What it is like walking an ex racing greyhound.
- How to give a new ex racer a safe space at home.
- Ex racers and human interaction.
- Toys, food and furniture.
- Reading your ex-racer and understanding their behaviour.
You can download the factsheet by clicking here.
If you adopt a Forever Hounds Trust dog, you will be entitled to receive FREE behavioural support from our qualified team of behaviourists for any issues you might need help with during his or her lifetime. Otherwise, you should seek the help of a qualified dog behaviourist who uses force-free, reward-based training methods.