Reasons why we love this dog…
She's used to home life
She's very clever
She gets on well with familiar dogs
I am a:
I would like:
A quiet home environment
I would not like:
To meet lots of dogs on walks
My favourite thing is:
Learning new tricks
Sweet but anxious
Adult only home (no children)
Needs gradual introductions
Not cat trainable
If you adopt Tiger (or any of our dogs), you will be entitled to receive FREE behavioural support from our qualified team of behaviourists for any issues you might need help with during her lifetime. Further information will be given when homing Tiger. Please note, this support is only available for dogs adopted from Forever Hounds Trust.
Tiger is a beautiful 5 year old lurcher girl. She has been living with her current family since being adopted as a puppy, but a change in circumstances means she is now on the lookout for a new home. Tiger is a sweet, clever and playful dog who is very settled at home. She really enjoys her exercise and learning new tricks, but spends most of her day snoozing on the couch! Tiger is a very sensitive, anxious girl who can struggle with certain situations. Although she enjoys the company of dogs she has been properly introduced to, she is worried by unfamiliar dogs and will react defensively if approached by them on a walk. She can also be somewhat nervous of unfamiliar people, but generally gains confidence quickly if introduced in the right way. Tiger can spend up to 4 hours alone at home, but this took time to build up and will need to be worked on gradually again in her new home. Tiger is looking for a patient adopter who is interested in continuing her training, but also understands that there are some things she will always need support with.
Tiger’s Homing Needs
- An adult only home (or older teenagers)
- A secure garden with a minimum of 6ft fencing
- A quiet home environment, without too many visitors
- Quiet, rural walking areas away from too many other dogs (especially off-lead dogs)
- Someone around all of the time initially, with a gradual build up to 4 hours maximum per day
- Could live with another dog(s) pending introductions
- Adopters must be able to visit Tiger multiple times before taking her home
- A quiet life – she does not cope with trips out in public to pubs, cafes, events etc.
If you think you could offer Tiger the continued support and guidance she needs, please get in touch!